After doing the revised syllabus 4047 GCE O-Level Additional Maths Paper 1, it reconfirms that Cambridge is testing basic concepts but presented in a different manner.
There are a few questions which are truly testing your application like the one on quadratic curve is always negative, range of m for which the graphs have two intersection points ...
I highly recommend all candidates to read your question carefully, keep asking yourself if you have answered the question.
An additional point to highlight is look at the allocation of marks to gauge the amount of working to present, the choice of approaches to use.
Based on what have been tested in Paper 1, we are looking forward to the following concepts in Paper 2:
- Sum & Product of roots
- Factor Remainder Theorem (solving cubic equations)
- Equation of circle (*Draw if you don't understand the question)
- Trigonometry R formula
- The Hence concept (Differentiation & Integration combined)
- Partial Fraction & Integration
- Properties of Integral
- Differentiation & Integration of exponential function and ln function
- Differentiation: Eqn of Tangent & Normal
- Coordinate Geometry
- Equation of circle
- Binomial Expansion
- Linear Law
I would be expecting cross-chapters questions on Monday. Just like you, I'm a candidate so the above list is just my suggestion.
All the best for the final Maths paper. See you at the finishing line.
PS: Don't worry about bell curve! It's beyond our control!