I have just completed the 2015 GCE O-Level Elementary Maths 4016 Paper 1 and found it to be more applications based.
Some questions are indirect and required more analysis. Some of the questions I enjoyed doing were:
- Mode, median and mean
- Mean and standard deviation
- HCF and LCM
- Coordinate geometry linked to vectors
Once again, just like last year, there are about 2-3 questions which are 5 marks. (If I remembered correctly)
Based on what were tested, we are logically make some guesses of what we are expecting in Paper 2. The following topics are what I'm suggesting and they are for reference only:
- Quadratic equations & graphs (Skill: completing the square)
- General shapes of graphs
- Everyday Maths (Compound interest, simple interest, hire purchase, exchange rate, taxation, utilities, profit and loss)
- Proving of congruency and similarity
- Angle & symmetry properties of circles
- Trigonometry (sin rule, trigo ratio of obtuse angle, angle of elevation or depression, shortest distance, area of triangle formula)
- Cumulative frequency (includes frequency table), box & whisker, stem & leaf, dot diagram (Concept on lower quartile, upper quartile)
Regardless of how you think you have fared for Paper 1, continue to work hard for Paper 2 which is 2 days away. Practice daily!
All the best!