It is important to know the difference between Sketch A Graph & Draw A Graph.
- On foolscap paper
- Best Representation of the graph
- Less time as it reflects only the general shape of the graph.
- On graph paper
- Accurate representation of the graph
- More time needed as it usually involves more points on the graph
- Curve rule/french curve is usually required.
What I will do :
- Find x-intercept (i.e. set y = 0)
- Find y-intercept (i.e. set x = 0) y = 1
- Put the 2 points on the axes I have drawn on foolscap, join the 2 points, label the line.
- Set up a table of 3 values of x choosen randomly i.e x = -1 , 0, 1
- Find out values of y for each value of x by substituting into the equation of the line.
- Plot the points on a graph paper accurately.
- Join the 3 points, label the line.
Good in straight line? You might want to check out how you can draw Exponential Graph here even with NO Math knowledge.