2015 Update: Registration for private candidates to take or retake 'O' Level exams commences on 9 March 2015 and end on 24 March 2015 (11:59 pm). Click here for more information.
Kindly call 6872 2220, MOE Customer Service Hotline for any questions regarding Private O level candidate registration or click here for other contact methods.
With the release of GCE O Level results, I received 2 phonecalls from parents whose children did not perform well asking me about how to go about registering as private candidate to retake the O Levels as well as if I could providing some coaching for their children so that they can do much better for this year O Levels.
So I thought I might as write about how to retake O Level as a private candidate. (:
As a private candidate, I would suggest you enroll in one of the private schools providing full time education for preparation of O Level examinations. These schools have their teaching systems structured to teach the subjects so that you are more readily prepared for your second chance.
Examination Entry Requirements
- You may register as a private candidate if you satisfy the minimum age requirement of 15 on 1st January of the examination year.
- Private candidates may enter up to a maximum of nine subjects.
- Registration for exam is usually during March period every year. You may register online at SEAB site
These logistics matters should be well taken care by the private centres when you sign up with them.
Things to note as a private candidate
- Be disciplined towards your learning. Ensure that you work hard and achieve your goals.
- Treasure your 2nd chance.
- Ensure that you are taking the correct syllabus since there are changes in syllabus recently. Check out the relevant syllabus here
"The end is yet another new beginning."